Chiropractic Services for Neck Pain and Injury
Chiropractic care or chiropractic services for neck pain is classified as a non-surgical treatment alternative which can assist in reducing neck pain along with other related symptoms. Here is a list of a few neck (cervical) conditions that chiropractic doctors are able to treat:
- Injuries to the cervical-intervertebral discs that do not require surgery
- Facet joint sprain
- Degenerative joint-syndrome associated with the neck.
How Do Chiropractors Diagnose Neck Pain?
Chiropractors work on evaluating the entire spine of the patient, as other regions of the person’s neck, mid back and lower back could also be affected. In addition to treating the entire spine, chiropractors also work on treating the patient as a “whole person” over and above their specific symptoms. A chiropractor will usually educate the patient on stress management, nutrition along with lifestyle goals in combination with chiropractic services for neck pain.
Before making a decision on the approach to attempt for neck pain, the chiropractor conducts a comprehensive examination in order to diagnose the causes of the patient’s neck pain. She or he will also diagnose any areas where there is restricted movement and will look at spinal alignment and overall posture of the patient as well as the way that they walk. This information is what assists the chiropractor in gaining an understanding of the body mechanics of their patient. At Namaste Chiropractic in Palm Beach Gardens, we pride ourselves in getting to the cause of pain and making sure that our patients make quick and lasting improvements.
Chiropractic Services for Neck Pain in Palm Beach Gardens
Chiropractors generally use combinations of manual therapy, spinal manipulation, along with other effective techniques to arrive at a treatment plan to relieve neck pain. Here is a list of the more common types of spinal manipulation methods that chiropractors use:
- Flexion-distraction technique involves a hands-on, gentle spinal manipulation where the chiropractor will use pumping actions on intervertebral discs opposed to a force that is direct.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation involves the use of a hand-held instrument that allows the chiropractor a way to apply a specific force without the risks of thrusting into areas of the spine.
- Another technique known as specific spinal-manipulation works on restoring joint movement with the use of a thrusting technique that is gentle.
- Chiropractors also use various manual therapies in order to treat neck pain.
- Another technique is known as instrument-assisted soft-tissue therapies which involve the use of a specialized instrument that treats and diagnoses muscle tension.
- Trigger point-therapy is effective to relieve painful and tight points on specific muscles.
- Therapeutic massage can assist with relaxing tense muscles.
- Many chiropractors also use inferential-electrical stimulation which involves electrical currents (low frequency) that stimulates the muscles in the neck.
- Chiropractors also recommend therapeutic exercises that often assist in range-of-motion and help to slow down or even eliminate the progression of pain in the neck.
These treatments are just a few examples of the different chiropractic treatments focused on neck pain. The treatment plan for each patient will be dependent on their diagnosis. The chiropractor will explain the different treatment options with their patient so that the patient understands what to expect. If you’re suffering neck pain in the Palm Beach Gardens are, and you’re looking for a local chiropractic office for help, give Dr. Beth a call today and start feeling better as quickly as possible.